Dr. Partha Saha
Assistant Professor , School of Global Affairs
- [Since December, 2016 onwards]: Assistant Professor, School of Development Studies, Ambedkar University, Delhi.
- [March, 2013 to December, 2016]: Assistant Professor and Research Coordinator of India Public Policy Report, Jindal School of Government and Public Policy, O. P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat, Haryana.
- [August, 2010 to March, 2013]: Deputy Director, National Institute of Labour Economics Research & Development, New Delhi.
- [May, 2010 to August, 2010]: Young Professional, National Institute of Labour Economics Research & Development, New Delhi.
- [September, 2009 to May, 2010]: Associate Fellow, Council for Social Development, New Delhi.
- [November, 06 to October, 07]: Research Assistant and Field Investigator, Foundation for Agrarian Studies, Kolkata.
- [December, 05 to August, 06]: Economic Consultant, Risk Management Solution Inc, Noida.
- [September, 04 to January, 05]: Research Assistant, Centre for Studies in Regional Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
My Zone / Area of Expertise
Courses offered at universities & institutions –
- Current Indian Economic Problems (Selected Issues)
- Development Economics
- Indian Economy
- Economic Policies & Sectoral Development
- Understanding the Rural
- Development Context, Debates, and Experiences
- Banerjee, K., Saha, Partha. (2010), “The NREGA, the Maoists and the Developmental Woes of the Indian State”, Economic and Political Weekly, July 10.
- Co-author. (2011), “India Human Development Report, 2011”, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2011.
- Co-author. (2012), “Skill Mapping in Two Districts: Gurdaspur (Punjab) & Singrauli (Madhya Pradesh)”, Report No. 2012, Institute of Applied Manpower Research.
- Santosh Mehrotra, Ankita Gandhi, Bimal Kishore Sahoo, Partha Saha (2012), “Creating Employment in the 12th Five Year Plan”, Economic and Political Weekly, May 12.
- Santosh Mehrotra, Ankita Gandhi, Partha Saha, Bimal Kishore Sahoo (2012), “Joblessness and Informalization: Challenges to Inclusive Growth in India”, IAMR Occasional Paper No. 9/2012.
- Santosh Mehrotra, Ankita Gandhi, Partha Saha, Bimal Kishore Sahoo, (2013), “Turnaround in India’s Employment Story”, Economic and Political Weekly, August 31.
- Saha, Partha. (2013), Book Review of “Right to Work and Rural India”, and the review was published in Social Change, 43, 2, July 1.
- Saha, Partha et. al. (2013), “Low Female Employment in a Period of High Growth: Insights from a Primary Survey in Uttar Pradesh & Gujarat”, International Labour Organization.
- Saha, Partha. (2014), “Asset Poverty among Rural Households: An Illustration from Two Villages in Uttar Pradesh”, in Ramachandran, V. K. and Swaminathan, Madhura (eds.), “Dalit Households in Village Economies”, Tulika Publishers.
- Saha, Partha. (2014), “Participation in Tenancy Market: An Analysis of Caste and Class in Two Villages in Uttar Pradesh”, in Suman, Chandra, K., Babu, Suresh, V., & Nath, P, K. (eds) “Agrarian Crisis in India”, Academic Foundation.
- Saha, Partha. (2014), “Asset Ownership and Terms of Tenancy Contracts: Caste and Class in a Village in Western Uttar Pradesh”, in A. K. Singh & Santosh Mehrotra (eds) “Land Policies for Equity and Growth”, Sage Publication.
- Saha, Partha., Mehrotra, Santosh. (2014), “Land Issues Then and Now in India: New Challenges and Policy Dilemmas”, in A. K. Singh & Santosh Mehrotra (eds) “Land Policies for Equity and Growth”, Sage Publication.
- Mathur, A, K., Sharma, S, K., Saha, Partha. (2014), “The Vocational Training System: A Learner's Perspective”, in Santosh Mehrotra (ed.), “India’s Skills Challenge: Reforming Vocational Education and Training to Harness the Demographic Dividend”, Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
- Saha, Partha., Verick, Sher. (2016), “State of Rural Labour Markets in India”, Working Paper, ILO Asia-Pacific Working Paper Series, International Labour Organization.
- Saha, Partha., Verick, Sher., Mehrotra, S., Sinha, S. (2016), “Declining Female Employment in India: Insights from Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh”, in Sukti Dasgupta and Sher Singh Verick (eds) “Transformation of Women at Work in Asia: An Unfinished Development Agenda”, Sage Publications.
- Sarma, Mandira., Saha, Partha., Jayakumar, Nandini. (2017), “Asset Inequality in India: Going from Bad to Worse”, Social Scientist, Vol. 45, Nos. 3 & 4, March-April.
- Saha, Partha., Verick, Sher. (2017), “Casualization and Shift of Rural Workers to Non-farm Activities”, in D Narasimha Reddy & Kailash Sarap (eds) “Structural Transformation and Dynamics of Labour Mobility”, Springer.